Tuesday, July 12, 2011

Resolutions

Drat. Sometimes I HATE my laptop. I had this whole, well-thought out blog post typed up and almost ready to post, and with one errant brush of my palm, the whole thing went POOF! into thin air. It has happened before, and I can't tell you how frustrating it is. UGH.

I'm not feeling up to redoing the whole thing, so let me summarize in much a much less entertaining and articulate manner: I am making some resolutions. Make that RESOLUTIONS. I am talking serious commitment here.

A few highlights in bullet-point form:

- I will stop using the excuse that I'm missing this year's SLO triathlon to slack off on exercise. I WILL BREAK A SWEAT ON A DAILY BASIS.

- I will continue to focus the majority of my energy and attention on my now 5-, 7- and 9-year-old kids. They reeeeeeally want my time and attention more than anything else, and they're actually quite entertaining little people these days. Unfortunately for my clients and potential clients, that will mean a continuation of my very limited work schedule, at least through the summer (and possibly through the fall). It makes this a tough resolution for me, but I've come to see the importance of it above all else.

- In the absence of regular client previews, and in an effort to document the fleeting moments of this summer, I'll publish at least one blog post a day for the rest of the summer. They may be brief, with only a photo or two, but there will be something to see for anyone who happens to drop by.

I have many, many more areas of self-improvement to tackle, but I'll leave the published resolutions at those for right now. They seem to be enough. They fill the plate. They are possible.

So for tonight I leave you with just a couple of snapshots from the girlie's 5th birthday party last month. What the shot of her lacks in technical perfection, it makes up for in personality and emotion. She was SO THRILLED to host her Pinkalicious pool party.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Until tomorrow...

No comments:

About Me

My photo
San Luis Obispo, California
I'm a Central Coast mother of three offering customized photography services to families in the San Luis Obispo area. For more info, please contact me at erin@erinclausenphotography.com.