Wednesday, August 10, 2011

Long Time No See

Are you one of the handful of people who read my post awhile back which declared I would blog every day for the rest of the summer? And did you wonder what the heck happened to that promise?

Well here's my answer in a nutshell: I was crazy.

Actually, I did know that I had a couple of exciting trips coming up, and I thought that with that kind of material, it would be a lot of fun to post a few shots each day. But blogging from the road is harder than I thought. First, the logistics of travel, plus the time change and access issues in England made it a challenge to keep up daily blogging while there. So I kind of failed right out of the gate.

Then, when I returned from the UK, I ran smack dab into a hard reality: I had THREE DAYS to prepare my family for a two-week RV road trip. As I sat down that first morning with my cup of coffee and my notepad, the to-dos rapidly stacked up and before I knew it I had 39 on the list. And the list just kept getting longer.

And then. Then! I did hit the road for the RV trip, and I blogged those camera snaps from the first night. But I also spazzed and thought that I would be a HUGE dope if I broadcast to the world -- aka, the dozen or so people who might stumble onto my blog -- that we'd be out of town and our house would be sitting empty for two whole weeks. Doesn't that just scream, "Why don't you bust in and take the few valuables I have?" Not that anyone reading my blog is that kind of a person, but hey... You just never know how things will go.

However, I did want to share photos of our trip with friends and family, and I did want to keep up blogging, so I set up a new site and sent the address to my mom and Brian's mom and a few others. And now that our trip is coming to a close and our house will be reoccupied in short order, I figured that it made sense to post the link to that second blog here.

If you've read this far, and if you have any interest in seeing a lot of vacation pics of these little nut jobs, then by all means click here.

Photobucket

And please accept my apologies if you happened to have been sitting around these last few weeks, waiting for me to make good on that promise. I hope you had other, more trustworthy people keeping you company here on the Internet. :)

No comments:

About Me

My photo
San Luis Obispo, California
I'm a Central Coast mother of three offering customized photography services to families in the San Luis Obispo area. For more info, please contact me at erin@erinclausenphotography.com.