Thursday, May 9, 2013

A New Angle

A gentle nudge from my son's teacher (and mother of twin high school juniors) has resulted in my recent efforts to become approved by SLO High School as a senior portrait photographer for 2013-14. I had kicked around the idea for the last couple of years, but it wasn't until she asked -- and then asked again -- that I got my act together and began the process.

The biggest part of getting approval has been pulling together my portfolio of teen images. Families, kids, even corporate headshots and landscape stuff... I have that in spades. But until last week, I had photographed a grand total of one senior, officially. (Have a look at that link if you have a second. I'd forgotten just how gorgeous she was!)

So I realized quickly that I'd need to schedule a few portfolio-building sessions to augment the selection of sample images. I was pretty sure that each one would be a good time, since that original senior session was, but I don't think I'd realize just how much FUN I'd have.

Needless to say, I'm now making my way through bunches of images and pulling a variety to share with the school district. And I still have two more teen sessions next weekend! Good times!

Here are some samples from my efforts this week and last...

 photo blog2-887_zpseaef60c0.jpg

 photo blog2-1942_zpsa3ab2d47.jpg

 photo blog8-71_zps749496ab.jpg

 photo blog3-259_zps25d9d5b0.jpg

 photo blog1-355_zps881adb67.jpg

 photo blog1-1401_zpsf9653705.jpg

 photo blog5-150_zps2f1e690a.jpg

 photo blog7-96_zps9514c6b8.jpg

 photo blog4-174_zps9fcc2e2f.jpg

 photo blog6-121_zps42bcdd6d.jpg

 photo blog4-174_zps54e8671f.jpg

 photo blog3-1333_zpsddc4d70d.jpg

Two more gorgeous girls to edit and post over the weekend. Just have to fit them in between swim practice, three baseball games, and a big birthday celebration... whew!

No comments:

About Me

My photo
San Luis Obispo, California
I'm a Central Coast mother of three offering customized photography services to families in the San Luis Obispo area. For more info, please contact me at erin@erinclausenphotography.com.