Tuesday, October 11, 2011

We Did It!!

I achieved a big goal on Sunday -- one I never, ever thought I'd achieve. I'd watched Brian run the City to Sea half-marathon in previous years, but I never would've guessed that I'd be motivated to try it myself... let alone have the fortitude to actually FINISH IT.

But having missed the SLO triathlon this summer (we were in England) and after opting out of the Pacific Grove triathlon (not feeling the kelp swim this year), I agreed to train and run this race with my good buddy Summer. Together we ran, ran/walked, and drank a lot of after-run coffees... And suddenly it was race day.

We got up early on Sunday morning and headed downtown with Brian and another friend who was doing the race. I snapped a few quick camera phone pics before tucking my phone in my water belt, and before I knew it we were off.

Brian never planned to run with us -- he's way too fast -- but Summer and I hoped that we'd be able to hang together and encourage each other throughout the event. We'd never run that far together, and in fact I'd never run more than 8 miles ever. Fortunately, we were able to stick with each other throughout the race. Thank goodness, because I don't think I'd have had such a good time if I hadn't had her by my side. :)

Here's a little collage of iPhone pics, plus a few that Summer's husband snapped at the finish line (including that one of Brian chasing me in!).

Photobucket

Just noticed that the map of the course is dated 2010... I guess it must have been reused and recycled. I swear that we did this race two days ago. Just ask my weary legs!

No comments:

About Me

My photo
San Luis Obispo, California
I'm a Central Coast mother of three offering customized photography services to families in the San Luis Obispo area. For more info, please contact me at erin@erinclausenphotography.com.