Tuesday, June 15, 2010

Baby Girl is Four... Wha??

My littlest crazy turned four yesterday. I find that so hard to believe, and yet... not. Hasn't this not-so-little person been trailing me forever, chattering away about babies and political ads and when she can have her next meal? Handing me a notepad and requesting that I sign in for my beautyshop treatments?

Then again, I do fuzzily remember a time when her diction wasn't perfect. When she requested that we play "muse-git" and eat "breppast" and when she hollered at her brothers things like "Do NOT operATE me!" (For awhile, "interrupt" was "operATE.")

But now she makes faces and she jokes and she adds a very girly presence to our household. Last night we went out to dinner, and mid-meal she pulled a lipgloss out of her purse -- one of MY lip glosses -- and began to reapply it in a remarkably nonchalant manner. I told her that I would most certainly NOT be laughing when she pulls the same stunt in 10 years.

Here are a few snaps to commemorate the milestone. We spent the morning of her b-day breakfasting with my parents, getting our nails done and hitting the nearby donut shop with a couple of friends before visiting Daddy's office and helping him shut down for an afternoon of birthday-centric fun and frolicking. Whew. What a day.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Happy birthday, Baby Girl!

Photobucket

No comments:

About Me

My photo
San Luis Obispo, California
I'm a Central Coast mother of three offering customized photography services to families in the San Luis Obispo area. For more info, please contact me at erin@erinclausenphotography.com.