Monday, August 16, 2010

My Beautiful Ballerina

Yesterday was a big milestone in our household; it was my daughter's very first dance recital. Dance is something that she takes very seriously, and she was just about bursting with excitement from the moment she woke up. She counted down the time until she could get all dolled up, and she dictated EXACTLY what we needed to do to make her stage-ready (she was well prepped in class the week before).

In all honesty, I had a little trouble swallowing the fact that my four-year-old was wearing eyeliner, but I did understand her pride and excitement. I wasn't an athlete growing up, but I danced in many performances over the years, and I remember well all of the preparations and details relating to the big show.

Because my daughter was one of the youngest in the recital, and because her number was in the second act, she got to spend the first half of the show on my lap in the audience. She alternated between being completely enthralled and giddily wriggling in her own version of the dance on the stage. And when it was her turn to go backstage, she happily waved goodbye and was off to do her thing.

It was a brief appearance to The Rainbow Connection (think Kermit the Frog), and it was over oh-so-quickly, but she did a great job and seemed to relish the spotlight. I have a feeling there will be many more recitals in this girl's future.

Photobucket

Photobucket

She and her buddy P happily waved "their" tickets before entering the Performing Arts Center.

Photobucket

And during a restroom stop before taking our seats, she vamped for the mirror, clearly taken with her altered appeareance.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

And here she is with her friends. I could just about eat them up.

Photobucket

This morning marked one more milestone as she started back at preschool. (I think I blinked and the summer was over.) Here she is, proving that she looks so incredibly grown up, even without the cosmetic enhancement:

Photobucket

And one more shot to demonstrate that she has unique stature among her peers. She sure does stand out in a crowd!

Photobucket

No comments:

About Me

My photo
San Luis Obispo, California
I'm a Central Coast mother of three offering customized photography services to families in the San Luis Obispo area. For more info, please contact me at erin@erinclausenphotography.com.