Thursday, May 19, 2011

More Disney Cruise Pics (LOTS More!)

As I flipped through our photos from this trip, I decided that I did a reasonable job of capturing the sights, sounds and excitement of the week. Not a great job, but that was to be expected. I tried hard to be very present and play with my kids much of the time, setting aside the camera when I might otherwise have picked it up and stalked them like one of the cheetahs in "African Cats" (which we saw in the full-sized movie theater on board!).

I think I struck a decent balance. I caught some of the fun in photos, while capturing much, much more of it in person.

Here's some of the documentation, with a tiny bit of commentary...

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Here are my parents, who took us all on this fabulous vacation:

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

This is the "shark" that terrorized Magens Bay, on St. Thomas:

Photobucket

Photobucket

And I know that these are kind of heavy on pics of the girly, but she's my most agreeable subject, and the boys were often off at The Club, doing big boy stuff...

Photobucket

Some boat ambiance pics:

Photobucket

Photobucket

This area's called The Cove, an adults-only pool area where my sister-in-law enjoyed some nice, peaceful time on a lounge chair (lucky girl!):

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

And some shots of the very best part of the cruise, Disney's own island in the Bahamas:

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Apparently, the fish in the snorkling reef were THIS BIG:

Photobucket

And the hula hooping was just as impressive...

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

And that's about it. I've got more, but I think that gives you a good taste. If you and your family are considering going on a Disney Cruise, I can tell you that my family gives it a hearty endorsement. My almost nine-year-old is even begging for us to go back for his birthday in July. That isn't going to happen, but we may well try and swing another cruise in the next few years... In the meantime, I've got to get working on plans for our summer RV road trip. Now that should be good for some photos...

No comments:

About Me

My photo
San Luis Obispo, California
I'm a Central Coast mother of three offering customized photography services to families in the San Luis Obispo area. For more info, please contact me at erin@erinclausenphotography.com.