Sunday, May 22, 2011

'Tis the Season

One reason for my sporadic posts lately is the fact that we've entered "The Season."

The Clausen kids were born in May, June and July (of slightly different years, obviously). That means that from late April though late July, I tend to spend a ridiculous amount of time and energy planning, prepping for, executing, and conducting follow-up (ie, nagging my kids to write thank you notes) for birthdays. And since this season overlaps the end of the school year, it can get pretty crazy around here.

Anyway, tonight's task was making cupcakes for Foxy's "summer birthdays" party at school. She and two classmates have birthdays that fall outside of the school months, so her preschool honors them with a special little party.

Foxy's all over that plan, but I'm tempted to see it as one more to-do on the season's endless list. And then I see how much she enjoyed licking those beaters and I think that perhaps it's not such a bad idea, after all.

Snapbucket,Original,Vignette: Sq. White

No comments:

About Me

My photo
San Luis Obispo, California
I'm a Central Coast mother of three offering customized photography services to families in the San Luis Obispo area. For more info, please contact me at erin@erinclausenphotography.com.