Monday, November 5, 2012

Last Light

I have an abbreviated shooting calendar this year, since I decided that my family's current whirlwind of extracurricular activities and the uptick in schoolwork just don't make for a flexible and full work schedule. As I wrap up the final sessions, I think that I have struck the right balance. I'd love get out there and shoot a few more, but the truth is that I'll be plenty busy in the next few weeks with editing, holiday card design and order fulfillment. It's the stuff on the back end that no one really sees that tends to become the black hole of my autumn. I think that -- for this year at least -- I've come up with the formula for keeping it at bay.

So as I post this preview from a gorgeous evening on the beach, it's with a sense that I'm nearing the end. I'm soaking up that last gasp of golden light just before the curtain comes down and the day is done.

Maybe it's something about the incomparable beach light that puts me in that mood.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

While I have some pretty shots that are more "formal" family images, I can't resist the sense of fun and spunk that we caught in photos like this:

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

No comments:

About Me

My photo
San Luis Obispo, California
I'm a Central Coast mother of three offering customized photography services to families in the San Luis Obispo area. For more info, please contact me at erin@erinclausenphotography.com.