Sunday, November 25, 2012

Thanksgiving 2012

This Thanksgiving started out just like last year... Brian and I woke up early (for us) and joined dozens (hundreds?) of friends and neighbors to run the 8-mile Turkey Trot. We capped it off by having a few friends/fellow runners over for bloody Marys and bagels once we finished. I can't think of a better way to begin a day of thankfulness. Nope.

The rest of the day was similar to our typical Thanksgiving, with the addition of some very special guests. The biggest treat this year was our new cousin/nephew, who is as cute as they come and gave those of us done birthing babies a good snuggle and a trip down memory lane. Of course, his parents -- my brother and sister-in-law -- were much appreciated, too, as were my parents and Brian's mom. :)

We also had good friends from Brian's side of the family, most of whom were visiting from Davis. They brought a fun dynamic and the added benefit of kids to entertain my own. Foxy enjoyed a funky manicure and Noah had someone to throw a ball with between rounds of Mario Kart. Yippee!

I didn't do a lot of picture-taking until the last few minutes before dinner, though I think I did manage to capture the essence of the day.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

After dinner, there was an impromptu dance performance, Gangnam-style. It ruled.

Photobucket

Photobucket

The next day we had not one but TWO photo shoots. We are busy peeps, let me tell you.

Photobucket

We snuck in a quickie with Brian's mom:

Photobucket

Photobucket

Then a little bit later, we met up with my side of the family:

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Good times! Hopefully all of our extended family and friends had an equally festive and happy Thanksgiving weekend. xoxo

No comments:

About Me

My photo
San Luis Obispo, California
I'm a Central Coast mother of three offering customized photography services to families in the San Luis Obispo area. For more info, please contact me at erin@erinclausenphotography.com.