Friday, November 2, 2012

Pop of Red

A lot of times clients ask for recommendations on clothing for their session. One of the easiest tips I can give is to pick a neutral and build around that, mixing patterns and textures and adding in one bright color in a few places (or more, depending on how many people are involved). That "pop of color" can provide a kick that pumps up the images and unifies them as well.

This particular family is a great example of how that can be done really well. After some debate, they went with red as their accent, and I think it looked great. We talked about using a more open and bucolic setting, but strong winds that afternoon nudged us into a more sheltered environment. I think the outfits looked just as good in the more "urban" setting we ended up using.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

No comments:

About Me

My photo
San Luis Obispo, California
I'm a Central Coast mother of three offering customized photography services to families in the San Luis Obispo area. For more info, please contact me at erin@erinclausenphotography.com.