Monday, December 21, 2009

And Finally...

I am finding it hard to believe that Christmas is just four days away. I am sitting here, staring at the display of gourds on my table (now starting to go moldy) that I've been meaning to toss for the last couple of weeks. I mean, really -- it seems so wrong that by the time the Thanksgiving decor makes its way to the bin it'll be time to dismantle the Christmas tree, too.

But I'm going to look beyond all of that and focus on the fact that I have a beautiful, healthy family and that we're going to be with each other and with even more family this holiday. No overcrowded airports or cancelled flights, no frigid weather or family members called away to work or serve, no sickness or sadness beyond what's affecting the world at large.

We are lucky.

And so, as I hustle to get the last galleries posted, I am going to wind down the work for 2009. I may pop on to post a few photos of our recent gingerbread madness, but my focus will be, as it should be, on my family.

And on that note -- and because a post is nothing without photos -- here is the quintessential holiday shot of my kids, as well as a more pleasant shot and a holiday wish.

Photobucket

Photobucket

No comments:

About Me

My photo
San Luis Obispo, California
I'm a Central Coast mother of three offering customized photography services to families in the San Luis Obispo area. For more info, please contact me at erin@erinclausenphotography.com.