Wednesday, December 30, 2009

Mega-Post: Snapshots from Our Christmas

The tree is still up, but the last signs of Christmas day are gradually disappearing from our household.

We're gearing up for 2010 and I'm fired up to look ahead, but for just a minute, I thought I'd look back to the Clausen Family Christmas 2009. It's hard to believe that it was less than a week ago...

We spent Christmas Eve in two parts. The first was a VERY festive celebration at the local Methodist Church. It's not our usual Church, but the combination of reflection, live-action holiday stories, joyous caroling and participatory Nativity scene (we added two sheep and a shepherd to the mix) was perfect for our young family. Unfortunately, I didn't realize that my camera would've been welcome, so I have no pictures of that. :(

Then it was on to my parents' house for a yummy Christmas Eve dinner and some early gifts. My brother and SIL got right into things with the kids:

Photobucket

Photobucket

After that, we came home and E got to writing the annual letter to Santa. It's always important to make sure they ask Santa not to ho-ho-ho in the house, as that would scare the girly girl.

They put three heads into it to make sure it was just right:

Photobucket

Photobucket

In the morning, there was joy throughout the house. E was surprised to find a new bike on the deck outside:

Photobucket

Mr. N was stoked with all of his football loot:

Photobucket

Photobucket

I believe that this was part of an end-zone celebration:

Photobucket

And Foxy was just happy with anything, including a water bottle:

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

My husband showed mad love for the gift he got from his boys (even if it was purchased with ulterior motives):

Photobucket

Photobucket

And when the rest of the family showed up/came back after showers, we had food, libations and more merriment.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

The kids took a break for some Mario Kart:

Photobucket

My SIL showed that she was a very good sport:

Photobucket

And my brother demonstrated that Chargers love doesn't disappear just because there are candles on the dinner table:

Photobucket

In short, it was fun and festive, and we were grateful for it all. I hope you enjoyed your own holiday as well.

See you in 2010!

No comments:

About Me

My photo
San Luis Obispo, California
I'm a Central Coast mother of three offering customized photography services to families in the San Luis Obispo area. For more info, please contact me at erin@erinclausenphotography.com.