Thursday, July 21, 2011

Greetings from Jolly Old England!

As Brian and I lingered over yet another amazing dinner tonight, I mentioned that perhaps I'd set the bar a bit too high with the intent-to-blog-every-day thing. As is his style, he just indulged me with a small smile and completely refrained from saying "I told you so."

Oh, how I love that man.

You see, I KNEW that I would be leaving the country just a few days into my attempt at continual blogging. But I thought I could shoot off a quick wireless post while waiting for the plane, and then I figured that I'd have oodles of free time once we landed. No kids, no responsibilities. That's a recipe for fun photos and carefree blog posts, right?

Not so much.

I didn't end up with much time at the gate, and then I forgot to account for the jet lag that kept me sleeping until 10:00 or later and then (puzzlingly) crashing not long after dinner. Perhaps if I had my husband's remarkable travel skills and had snoozed for 9+ hours of the flight over, I'd be in better shape. But alas...

ANYWAY, I finally got my act together today and not only took the train to Bath -- BY MYSELF!! -- but managed to snap a few photos and even get them online. I'll try to take a few more shots tomorrow (though sadly, Swindon isn't quite as photogenic as Bath). If doesn't happen, though, I've got London on the horizon this weekend. As cheesy as it may be, I'm making Brian take me on the London Eye, and THAT should be good for a photo or two.

But for now, I give you Bath.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Argh! The pub staff is kicking us out and the wireless access is shutting off. Boo! I'll have to share the rest in the morning...

No comments:

About Me

My photo
San Luis Obispo, California
I'm a Central Coast mother of three offering customized photography services to families in the San Luis Obispo area. For more info, please contact me at erin@erinclausenphotography.com.