Friday, July 1, 2011

The Circus is in Town

Circus Vargas plopped down in the middle of San Luis this week, bringing a whole bunch of trailers and trucks and of course a big top tent. I figured that it would be a fun experience for our kids, who've never been to anything even remotely resembling a circus. Plus, since this is the summer of Questionably-Conceived But Likely Still Memorable Clausen Family RV Trip, I figured that it fit right in with our summer plans.

The kids were absolutely exhausted from a day of lessons/camp/playdates/swimming, but they were excited, and fortunately the circus didn't disappoint. It was a pretty cool show with at least half a dozen acts that left us marveling (or hiding our eyes behind our hands like big chickens, in the case of Evan and me). I didn't photograph much during the show, mainly because I was either hosting a kid in my lap or clinging to our belongings so that they didn't fall through the bleechers (again). Or hiding behind my hands (again). Plus, our seats were good for seeing, but not so much for photographing.

ANYWAY.

Here are a few fun shots. Of course, it was all about the circus food at first...

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

At intermission, they announced that anyone interested could line up to get a photo taken with their enormous snake. (Interestingly, this was the only animal in the tent. The circus is animal-free these days, which I understand and appreciate.)

GUESS WHO BOLTED TO THE RING TO BE THE VERY FIRST PERSON IN LINE?

Seriously, I was still trying to figure out if I'd even heard the announcement right, and Little Miss Crazy Pants was all ready to go. It happened so fast that I didn't even have time to get the camera properly set for my own photo. Fortunately, I was able to get it all ready before she jumped into a second opportunity to pose with one of her brothers.

Photobucket

And here's a final shot of my clowns on our way out to the car after long but pretty much perfect day:

Photobucket

No comments:

About Me

My photo
San Luis Obispo, California
I'm a Central Coast mother of three offering customized photography services to families in the San Luis Obispo area. For more info, please contact me at erin@erinclausenphotography.com.