Monday, April 19, 2010

Not Exactly What I Had in Mind

I was asked recently to work on a commercial project that has me stepping far outside my box and photographing bits and pieces of the San Luis area. I figured that the project would be a good excuse to try some things that I usually don't. Like landscapes.

If you know the San Luis area, you know that Montana de Oro is a gorgeous coastal area. Thinking that I'd multitask and shoot some landscape images while entertaining my kids with a drive and a little sightseeing, we piled into the car and headed out.

Unfortunately, I picked the wrong trailhead and missed the spot I was targeting. Instead, we found a path to an enormous sand dune. There was a family already on said dune, and they were hurtling themselves off of it over and over as we approached.

My kids, of course, thought this was AWESOME. Aaaaaaand that brought an end to our location scouting.

I am choosing to look at it as a great opportunity for my kids to get some solid exercise today. And a chance for them to sharpen their not-listening skills. I can't tell you the number of times I yelled out, "Do not even think about throwing yourself off this dune one more time. It's time to get ourselves home."

Do they look like they were listening?

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

In case you couldn't tell it was her, here's a closer crop of my fearless daughter. Any timidity you ever see from her is PURELY FOR DRAMATIC EFFECT, I tell you.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Yeah, they were a handful.

No comments:

About Me

My photo
San Luis Obispo, California
I'm a Central Coast mother of three offering customized photography services to families in the San Luis Obispo area. For more info, please contact me at erin@erinclausenphotography.com.