Thursday, April 15, 2010

The Very Definition Of Jolly

I'm going to go on record here and say that yesterday afternoon just may have been my very favorite session to date.

But first, a little context:

A year ago, I had a fun maternity session with an adorably-pregnant-but-technically-on-bedrest mommy-to-be. Good thing we squeezed it in, because she went into labor the very next day and delivered little Mr. T.

His due date was more than five weeks away.

Given his prematurity, I worried until I got word that all was okay. As it turned out, Baby T was healthy and doing well from the beginning, and I got to photograph him at roughly eight weeks old (still shortly after his original due date).

I had another great opportunity to catch up with the little man in the fall, when we met up to do a family session. Again, I was thrilled to see that he was thriving, despite his early entry into the world.

Which brings us to yesterday: T's one-year session.

I'd emailed his mom, saying that I had a darling "1" onesie that I thought would be fun to use during the shoot. She emailed me back saying that the idea was nice and all, but that there was NO WAY he'd fit in it.

Okay. No big deal. But I thought I'd keep it out, just in case.

And then my little buddy arrived, and he was clearly a little preemie no more.

Can you believe that this guy was born almost six weeks early??

Photobucket

Within minutes, I was head over heels. He was the sweetest, smiley-est, happiest one-year-old I have ever seen.

Photobucket

Photobucket

I mean, SERIOUSLY?? Have you SEEN piggies this cute?

Photobucket

And he was such a performer. He screeched. He flapped his arms. He had us in hysterics.

Photobucket

I present Mr. Modesty:

Photobucket

... who then took a bath:

Photobucket

Photobucket

I mean, the only time he really got serious was when we gave him cake. Regarding that, he was all business.

Photobucket

I cracked up over and over as I picked up after the session. I can honestly say that there wasn't a moment during the entire thing when I wasn't thoroughly entertained.

And did I mention that his mommy is due to give him a brother or sister in July?

I can only hope that the next babe born to this family is as entertaining as the first.

xoxo

No comments:

About Me

My photo
San Luis Obispo, California
I'm a Central Coast mother of three offering customized photography services to families in the San Luis Obispo area. For more info, please contact me at erin@erinclausenphotography.com.