Saturday, July 10, 2010

Beautiful Soul

Last week, I had the pleasure of changing up my routine by photographing a sweet girl shortly before her 11th birthday. My sessions have revolved around babies and toddlers lately, and they've primarily been indoors. While I'm by no means complaining -- I adore that kind of work -- it felt good to get outside and enjoy a pretty evening with an even lovelier girl.

A is such a gentle, beautiful soul. She has a passion for sewing and horses, among other things, and it was fun to hear her tell me about both. She loves her American Girl dolls, tree climbing and berries, and she was excited about documenting all of these things during our session. I felt honored to help her capture the essence of HER during this special time in her life. As her mom and I talked about before the session, it's all too fleeting.

This preview is much bigger than my usual peeks, but I couldn't resist sharing a more comprehensive look at this session and this special girl.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

She styled the berry basket just for the session. :)

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Just noticed that everything I grabbed and edited for the preview is vertical... I promise, I did shoot horizontally as well!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Erin- I love the pictures... they capture every bit of her personality! Thanks you. Ash said she had a really fun time. See you really soon, with some vino. Thank you!

Erin Clausen said...

You're so welcome! I thoroughly enjoyed hanging out with her as well. :)

Unknown said...

Adorable in every way. You have a great knack for making these photos of this sweet girl come to life!

Doting B. B.

Erin Clausen said...

Thanks! I was just grateful for the opportunity.

About Me

My photo
San Luis Obispo, California
I'm a Central Coast mother of three offering customized photography services to families in the San Luis Obispo area. For more info, please contact me at erin@erinclausenphotography.com.