Sunday, March 6, 2011

Opening Day

File this one under "posts that are mainly for our family's out-of-town relatives"...

Yesterday was the final day of basketball and Opening Day for the baseball season. The Awesome Santas, as our boys' basketball team was known, wrapped up their final game in fine fashion, I hear, putting many balls into the basket and generally having a great time.

I didn't get to attend that event because Noah's first baseball game conflicted with it, and he opted to kick off the season with his baseball team. First up was the Opening Day ceremonies and the parade of teams into the SLO Blues Stadium. I had fun getting a few really cute shots of him interacting with his teammates before they paraded, but since I don't post here without parental permission (and I didn't ask for it), I'm going to hit you with a few snapshots instead.

Here are a couple with his buddies. This first one makes them look a bit like little Martians, given the icky color cast from the bright orange plastic seats.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

And then it was on to the game. My little dude didn't get a hit, but then those were kind of hard to come by (for both teams, really) on this first day. He did manage to foul off quite a few, which was pretty impressive to me since it was the first time he'd ever had to hit pitches thrown by a kid (instead of a coach).

Photobucket

Then I saw him walk out of the dugout like this, and I knew it would be fun.

Photobucket

He did a great job as catcher. Again, it was a whole new experience for him.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

I liked the pat on the head from the coach at the end of his stint as catcher.

Photobucket

One down, 13 games to go. And then a tournament. Good thing I like this kid!

No comments:

About Me

My photo
San Luis Obispo, California
I'm a Central Coast mother of three offering customized photography services to families in the San Luis Obispo area. For more info, please contact me at erin@erinclausenphotography.com.