Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Perfect Storm

If you're here in the San Luis area, you're well aware of the rain we have had lately. Today's sunshine is apparently just a blip on the weather screen, giving us a taste of sun on our faces (if not actual warmth) between storms. On the up side, the hills around us are a dazzling, brilliant green and will likely stay that for awhile. No early brown for us this year.

Unfortunately, the rain has washed away some well-laid plans. My son would like to point out that his last two baseball games have been rained out. Saturday's session was rescheduled for April. And Sunday's session, well... it didn't quite go as planned.

The idea was hatched by a client who'd recently done a mini-session with me. She had two girlfriends coming to town, and they were going to stay at a beach house with their kids the weekend of March 19. The friends were interested in doing a session while they were there. It sounded great to me, and I had a couple of fun ideas for places we could meet up and run around.

But that rain I mentioned? It had other ideas.

Since the girls were only in town for the weekend, we forged ahead. I met up with them at the beach house. But it's safe to say that four preschoolers and a kindergartner cooped up in a house that isn't their own doesn't exactly make for the smoothest photo session. I wish I'd come with a thermos of bloody marys for their moms. ;)

Those sweet kids did their best, though, and while it might not have been the most fun their moms have had on a girls' weekend, we managed to get something out of the experience. Here's a sampling... Hopefully it begins to prove that -- in the end -- it was all worth it.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

No comments:

About Me

My photo
San Luis Obispo, California
I'm a Central Coast mother of three offering customized photography services to families in the San Luis Obispo area. For more info, please contact me at erin@erinclausenphotography.com.