Thursday, March 3, 2011

One Year Older, If Not Wiser

It has been a long couple of weeks now. My husband spent a week in Europe on business, and during that stretch I endured an ant infestation, a broken dishwasher, the process of researching and purchasing a new dishwasher, an hourglass that shattered into a million pieces right at bedtime, an entire mug of coffee spilled onto my laptop, and three kids who apparently packed away the sweet sides of their dispositions in their father's outgoing luggage.

This week has been easier, in part because I've been able to spend a little time with family and friends celebrating the fact that as of yesterday, I'm another year older. But I've been no less exhausted, and I realized last night that I can likely blame that on a bad cold that has decided to settle into my head yesterday and wreak some havoc. So it was kind of tough to rally for the birthday dinner that my kids had planned, and to which they were really looking forward. But I did, and I'm really glad about that.

After a slightly bumpy start, we settled into a fun time together, and the whole thing culminated in the dimmed lights and flashing disco ball and crazy Japanese techno music that mark a birthday at our favorite sushi place. My kids were in heaven and my photo was snapped for the wall.

Photobucket

I was also presented with two darling drawings done by my boys as we waited for our food. One shows our family as Lego figurines; the other shows me (I think) and two of the sushi bar staff.

Photobucket

Photobucket

How about those boobs? I love the drawings, and I love my family for dragging my getting-sick butt out to dinner to celebrate yet another birthday. :)

No comments:

About Me

My photo
San Luis Obispo, California
I'm a Central Coast mother of three offering customized photography services to families in the San Luis Obispo area. For more info, please contact me at erin@erinclausenphotography.com.