Tuesday, March 23, 2010

I Find Them Everywhere. EVERYWHERE.

So my daughter has recently re-discovered her little Hello Kitty journal that her Auntie Viv gave her for Christmas. She plopped it down on the kitchen table, right next to my laptop, along with a big ol' box of stickers and a pen. Now, when I am on the laptop, she's sitting there, doing her own "work."

Her work consists solely of drawing little love notes for me and for her dad. She whips them out with incredible speed and then races off to deliver them. By deliver, I mean, "find a door, close it, and then shove the rolled up note under it." At first, she tried to shove them under my forearms as I sat typing, but she didn't get the best response from me the first 30 times she did that. Hence, the under-the-door strategy.

I love, love, love her interest in creating something and of course the fact that her creations are meant for me. But it is getting a little crazy. I mean, I can't open a door without finding this:

Photobucket

Please excuse the door in need of a wipedown and the fact that I haven't replaced the door stop dealybob that one of my kids yanked off as a toddler.

And in case you want to peek at a love note from Foxy, here you go:

Photobucket

I need to start collecting these little notes to show her when she's all grown up. Sniff.

1 comment:

viviZ said...

Yay, Auntie Viv made the blog! And Yay for Hello Kitty! :-)

Adorable little post. I miss Foxy. xoxo

About Me

My photo
San Luis Obispo, California
I'm a Central Coast mother of three offering customized photography services to families in the San Luis Obispo area. For more info, please contact me at erin@erinclausenphotography.com.