Tuesday, November 24, 2009

Keeping Me on My Toes

Should I ever get too complacent, too comfortable with my work and the way my sessions tend to go, I need only schedule a session with a toddler to shake me up and remind me that things don't always go as we expect.

This little man was A-D-O-R-A-B-L-E, but he wanted nothing to do with getting his picture taken. He would be his sweet little self, and then as soon as my camera appeared he was off like a rocket. Or he was wriggling out of his mother's arms. Or he was scrambling out of the frame any which way he could.

Take a picture with his sister? No way.

A quick shot with mom and dad? Uh uh.

How about sitting still for half a second by himself? No thank you.

Like I said, he was a darling little guy (all the more reason to want to capture his sweetness in a photo or two). He just chose to spend our time together being a VERY TYPICAL TODDLER. And really, who would expect anything else?

Photobucket

He did like hanging with his dad for a bit. I love seeing their profiles together like this:

Photobucket

His sister was gorgeous (just like her mom), but she, too, kept me hopping. All sweetness and smiles, but as soon as she heard one shutter click, she was up and outta there.

Photobucket

She was out of this chair .001 of a second after I captured this. :)

Photobucket

And there's no posing to this one. It's simply someone truly in deep thought.

Photobucket

We tried hard for a family shot, and here's one we did get. I may actually have a couple of others once all is said and done.

Photobucket

Thanks, Z family, for a lively session. I know that we adults ended up pretty tired out, but I hope it was worth it for you in the end.

1 comment:

viviZ said...

Very cute, E. I love the lighting in the "deep in thought" image.

Hope you and the family have a great Thankgiving and maybe a teeny tiny break from work. xoxo

About Me

My photo
San Luis Obispo, California
I'm a Central Coast mother of three offering customized photography services to families in the San Luis Obispo area. For more info, please contact me at erin@erinclausenphotography.com.