Friday, November 20, 2009

Early Thanksgiving

I spoke with an accountant friend the other day and compared this stretch between mid-October and early December to her life between March 1 and April 15. It's the busiest of seasons in the world of family photography.

I am very grateful to be booked up this season, don't get me wrong, but I also confess to feeling a little overwhelmed at points (especially when I look around my mess of a house and see what has fallen through the cracks while I've been 110% focused on the business). So I've tried really hard in the last couple of weeks to stop, take a breath, and remember all of the things that make me thankful.

One of those things, and I've blogged about it before, is my boys' love of creative projects. Once school started in the fall, they basically forgot about the Wii and dove into stretching their little brains through a million different self-directed activities. The house often gets destroyed (earlier this week, there were craft feathers in every nook and cranny of the downstairs), but I wouldn't trade it for anything.

They often use the time to expand on something they've recently done in school. Yesterday, Noah came home and created -- from scratch and completely out of his own vision -- a Thanksgiving scene, complete with table, food, Pilgrim, Native American and teepee.

Photobucket

Photobucket

He even fashioned a way to make it all stand up on its own (hint: there are popsicle sticks involved). I don't know about you, but I'm thinking that we may have a future architect or engineer on our hands.

So that's what I'm thankful for today. I hope that all of my family and friends and anyone who stops to read this little blog (thanks!) has much to be thankful for as well.

Alright. Time for reflecting is over. Back to the photo editing...

No comments:

About Me

My photo
San Luis Obispo, California
I'm a Central Coast mother of three offering customized photography services to families in the San Luis Obispo area. For more info, please contact me at erin@erinclausenphotography.com.