Thursday, October 1, 2009

I LOVE When They Do This Stuff

I'll admit that, over the summer, I was a bit lenient with the Wii time. My boys got an hour a day, and the definition of "hour" got to be looser toward the end of the summer (or whenever I needed to plow through some work).

I was worried that we'd have a problem on our hands once school started and the Wii time became seriously restricted. But amazingly enough, they hardly ask to play Wii these days. They even tend to come up with creative and brain-building ways to spend their afternoons at home.

Yesterday, all three kids decided that it would be cool to make some books. Foxy went around taping pieces of paper together and making little drawings. Mr. Kindergarten took it up a notch and came up with a theme: He spotlighted things that begin with the letter "A."

Photobucket

And The Big Guy blew me away by creating his own "chapter book." It had a fun little story about having Legos all over his room, him getting frustrated about that, and -- and here's the best part -- his mom helping him solve the problem by saying they could work on it together (not yelling about how she couldn't walk through there for all the mess!!).

Photobucket

Now, I can't say that they are always this focused or creative when entertaining themselves, but I was pretty impressed with them on this particular day. And I was so grateful that E chose to paint me in a favorable light. Trust me, it could've gone a whole different direction!

No comments:

About Me

My photo
San Luis Obispo, California
I'm a Central Coast mother of three offering customized photography services to families in the San Luis Obispo area. For more info, please contact me at erin@erinclausenphotography.com.