Friday, September 25, 2009

Bursting With Pride!

Okay, I usually try hard not to gush about my kids, knowing that pretty much every parent out there thinks their own kids are the greatest kids ever. But today? Today I need to gush just a bit.

This morning, my boys -- both of them -- received the Citizenship Award at the school assembly. Beginning in September, each teacher picks just one student a month, meaning that about 16 kids out of the whole school were honored this morning.

I was so proud when I got word last weekend that Noah was getting it. Then I heard from Evan's teacher that he was, too. I think I may have startled his teacher with my near-teary response.

This morning I could feel the tears coming on again.

Here's Noah getting the very first one handed out:

Photobucket

Their buddy Ben got the award for his class, too! Then it was time for E's teacher to speak a few sentences about him, and what she said made holding in those tears really tough, let me tell you.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Their teachers moved the boys so that they could stand right next to each other:

Photobucket

Photobucket

I'm so proud of these little dudes!

Photobucket

Photobucket

No comments:

About Me

My photo
San Luis Obispo, California
I'm a Central Coast mother of three offering customized photography services to families in the San Luis Obispo area. For more info, please contact me at erin@erinclausenphotography.com.